Francesco’s career spans over 35 years in the American, Italian and London financial markets, beginning in 1983 at General Electric Trade Finance Department in the USA.
- In 1984 he joined The Chase Manhattan Bank N.A. (today JP Morgan Chase) as a credit analyst based in Milan and London first and senior credit analyst after completing the one-year credit training course at Chase London.
- Between 1984 and 1993 Francesco worked in the Milan and Rome offices of Chase covering various roles, from senior credit analyst to relationship manager for various industrial and commercial companies (including multinationals), Italian Country Manager for export credit and project finance and finally as head of M&A for the branded food & beverage companies.
- In 1993 he moved to Chase Investment Bank Ltd in London as Director in charge of Italian and Emerging European loan markets.
- In 1997 Francesco left Chase to take on the role of Deputy General Manager of the Investment Banking Division and head of loan markets for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) area with the London-based Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi. The Loan Markets Division consisted of eight teams all headed up by Francesco and with specific responsibilities for origination, structuring, distribution, secondary trading (back to back and proprietary), execution, project finance, M&A financing and bond administration.
- After Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, in 2012, Francesco founded together with other English partners his London financial boutique (Loans Specialist Advisory Services Ltd - Loanssas) specialised in assisting SMEs on debt products (advisory, structuring, negotiation, restructuring, placement of debt - direct lending) and advisory to banks and alternative funds on credit portfolios.
- At the same time, Francesco worked as Adviser at Oppenheimer Europe Ltd with responsibility for origination, structuring, placement, secondary trading with alternative funds of debt transactions (direct lending and bond issues) for Italian and European SMEs, distressed debt and special situations, mainly consisting of mergers and acquisitions for SMEs and related financing through credit funds, restructuring and recapitalisation.
In his career Francesco and his teams have structured, underwritten, placed, assumed credit risk in more than 500 financing transactions for borrowers of large, medium and small size and with various purposes, ranging from financing to corporate growth to refinancing, working capital financing, stand-by transactions, project financing, acquisition, leveraged buyouts, asset backed financing (aircraft and ships) etc.
Francesco has a university degree cum laude in Economics (thesis: "The Eurodollar Market"). He was elected to the London-based LMA (Loan Market Association) Board of Directors and was appointed LMA representative in the APLMA (Asia Pacific Loan Market Association). He was voted "Captain of Emerging Markets" by the Euromoney magazine and received several awards from specialized publications such as EuroWeek as the best loan arranger for various categories of borrowers. He participated as a guest speaker to numerous international debt conferences and seminars (London, New York, Tokyo, Dubai) and held post-graduate courses on credit products organised by CASS University in London .